[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 931: Undefined offset: 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 938: Undefined offset: 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 938: Undefined offset: 0
What is the best sabers clan of ALL TIME? - Page 17 - jkdf2.net

What is the best sabers clan of ALL TIME?

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2

Best Saberist Clan of ALL TIME

Poll ended at Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:34 pm

Total votes: 0

Prince_Yackerz
God of NF Sabz

Re: What is the best sabers clan of ALL TIME?

Postby Prince_Yackerz » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:00 am

sculpt wrote:In regards to Prince -- no doubt, activity level, all-purpose clan functioning, and duration wise, Prince was one of the top 5 JK clans of all-time. Prince was active basically from day one to day zero. Very few clans were even in existence for that span, let alone being very active throughout, like Prince was. Recruiting new players, training into excellent players, active forum, active players in Cases and tournies, hosting tournies, that's the complete clan right there. Not unlike WLP clan, except Prince was a bit smaller, more personable, and more sabers orientated. Basically, 50% or better of all notable nf saberists were in Prince at one point. Who hasnt heard of Prince?

Thanks buddy you were pretty much right on there :). Two corrections: First, Prince unlike WLP was around much longer. Second, Prince skill level blew the covers off of WLP. I don't know if a WLP member ever placed in a tournament / cracked top 20 in ladder. I can attest to 100's of victories against WLP in Week of War. In fact, I don't know if any WLP ever beat any Prince other than maybe in a FFA. We had a few Prince who would allias as WLP to humble some hot shots. "WLP_Blue_Dawg = Allias"
MasterSage_Syk Losing to WLP: http://princeclan.limewebs.com/screens/iotd43.jpg
Bartolo Losing to WLP: http://princeclan.limewebs.com/screens/iotd42.jpg

I liked how you described the Lost packet phenomenom too. Player A beats player B. Player B beats C. Then player C somehow beats A. There were certain people I hated to play because I had trouble hitting them period. They had trouble hitting me as well, which would result in multiple hour long duels until one of us gave and said screw it this isn't worth the effort. Most notorious of these opponenets for me was: Hexen, England, FroZen, and Soulreaper.
Of course, Frozen and Soul were said to hack at times. I could believe how people thought it.

As for Legacy, which you mentioned playing a lot of Sculpt, I don't think I ever played him. He was kind of always conveniently not around when I wanted to play him.

Here is another rather humorous photo: Anyone remember JHS? Here's a pic of a couple Prince beating JCS 100 to -1 : http://princeclan.limewebs.com/screens/iotd89.jpg

And here is a pic of the elite Kohv: http://princeclan.limewebs.com/screens/iotd34.jpg

StJackie

Postby StJackie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 am

Reminding me a bit of wodz more and more Yack. Like i said people don`t like to remember when they`ve been beaten. I don`t give a shit about screenshots back in 98. I`m not a faggot like Wodz.

Prince_Yackerz
God of NF Sabz

Postby Prince_Yackerz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm

haha.. ok :) I won't show anymore screenshots. I'm just trying to put a thread of doubt in people's minds who think JCS was the world's best sabers clan of all time.

Not saying any other particular clan was better, just that there were a lot of people in JCS in their mid to later days who weren't all that great.

The rest of those clans on that list I really didn't have a ton of experience playing. IRN I played the most of and they were always pretty good.

DSbr_Phelan

Postby DSbr_Phelan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:13 am

those shitty JCS you are referring to are the ones from bartolo's Generation 9999999 JCS.

NiftySaber

Postby NiftySaber » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:10 am

Yackman, you are definitely in some fantasy world.
Last edited by NiftySaber on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiftySaber

Postby NiftySaber » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:15 am

Prince_Yackerz wrote:
VDS and Prince Members: Axion, Sculpt, Gigas, Oxide, Novacaine, FroZen (not sure if he was in VDS or not), England, Sacred, Hexen, Zodiac, Pun, Zerocool, Eclipse, Neo(Copyrite)

A couple of these guys may have been notorious cheats, but who knows / who cares. I'm sure some of the 1997, 1998 JKers were too.

Ugh.... I don't remember any of those names being at the top of any ladder.

First of all, I consider myself "New School". I was some noob kid playing shit like Jedi High School for the longest. I loved that level. Until I found out what the ladder was. I got into the ladder around the time when it was KDD and IRN at the top of NF Gaybers. (What time frame was that Wodz? With Lonestarr, YOGURT, Lancelot, Merlin, Quake, Two_Stabs, Alvin_Maker, etc.)
I remember everyone hating Merlin with a passion but he is the one who taught me lol. We were actually cool for a long time during JK. Played a lot of NF Sabers and CTF. And were in like 50 clans as aliases haha. Luckily I got to play with a lot of good players still but many had already left at this time.

And I think VDS started at the end of my JK career. And they were nothing special then. Maybe afterwards..... but I remember Prince being around and that was NEVER a clan thought of as being good at any aspect of the game. So if you were good after I left, than pretty much EVERYONE was gone by then. I didn't even know JK lasted much longer after that lol. After I got to #1 on the ladder.... whenever it was I don't remember.... I quit playing NF Sabers and found more fun in CTF and NF Guns. Although I was never great it was a lot more fun with a lot less cheaters.

Anyways, you guys may have been the best when you say you were.... but you were the only people playing. By the time I finally left JK it was already dead. I can't imagine what little competition VDS and Prince played against to be considered the best. I'm not saying those two clans weren't the best at the time you are implying. But there is a huge difference between being the best during JK's prime, when it had the most people, most competition, etc.... and being the best after JK had died and there were very few players left.

DSbr_Phelan

Postby DSbr_Phelan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:16 am

well said nifty

StJackie

Postby StJackie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:21 am

i remember reading your post nifty, bagging on prince more.. but you edited it.. first time I probably ever agreed with you..

Prince_Yackerz
God of NF Sabz

Postby Prince_Yackerz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Its tough to compare VDS and Prince to the older clans. We didn't play each other much and the game was different on cable vs. dial-up definitely. :) Two different generations of the game. I guess you can say the old clans were better because there was more going on at the early stages of the game and Prince was still inviting newbies in from the trial version of the game in 1997-1998. Then started inviting newbies in from the full version in 1998-2000. It eventually turned into a better clan skill wise though but I guess the image was tarnished with the old timers at that point haha.

*shrugs* good old times.

Return to “Jedi Knight”